Friday, January 1, 2010

Kitchen Fire Extinguisher > First Alert

Easy to use and compact, this kitchen fire extinguisher has an attractive wall bracket that mounts easily. Fights grease, oil, electrical and flammable liquid fires. UL rated 5B:C. Manufacturers five year limited warranty.
Technical Details:
+Attractive styling with cap that's a quick release wall bracket
+Easy push trigger
+Easy to hold handle
+UL approved
+easy-test pressure check
Decent Customer Review:
Handled small vehicle fire!!!, June 1, 2009
By BJ "http://picturethis.sdcoe.net" (San Diego, CA)
Holy Geez this thing is great! My wife and I moved in to our house 5 years ago and this thing looked old then.
Has just been sitting on the wall doing nothing.
Moved it once when we painted the kitchen.
Last weekend my father in law and I are working on a truck in the driveway.
It's leaking a lot of gas on the engine...a lot... About 4 seconds after someone says,
"that's probably dangerous," all hell breaks loose.
After the first few seconds - when I realized no one was dead (yet) -
I came to my senses and started to try to put it out.
Nothing cool like what you see on TV where your training kicks in and
you remember how to handle it. Nope.
I tried slapping it with a towel which made it waaaay bigger.
Just as I'm about to start unrolling the garden hose to make it
even worse I remembered this little guy. Ran in and grabbed it off the wall,
pulled the pin and ran back out.
By this point (about a minute in) the fire was getting serious.
This little guy handled it in about 10 seconds. AWESOME!
Now...to tell my neighbor about his truck...

No comments:

Post a Comment